Monday, April 20, 2015

Episode 6: Mrs. Crafty Adams



Hello! This week, I'm talking to my good friend, Emily Adams, aka Mrs. Crafty Adams, about how to scrap her four trips to Disney. We discuss two different approaches for creating a Disney album and discover loads of ideas on how to do one start to finish. If you've put off scrapping Disney because you need a plan, this is the show for you!

To listen to this week's show, use the player above, click this link or listen and subscribe in iTunes.

You can find Emily online at Mrs. Crafty Adams. She shares a lot of inspiring scrappy projects there and some great pictures of her travels.

I love all the fun places she and her husband visit and the cute pics of them together...


During the show, we discuss organizing a Disney album either by topic or chronologically by day. I shared a list of sections to consider if organizing by topic. Here it is (some of these are only applicable to Disney World, not Disneyland):

  • Title Page
  • Planning
  • Getting There/Travel
  • Resort
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Parades
  • Dining & Snacks
  • Parades
  • Character Pics & Autographs
  • Transportation
  • Favorite Memories
  • Memorabilia Pocket

Emily hasn't scrapped Disney yet, so I thought I would share my Disney album since we discuss it in the show this week. As you will see, I kept it very simple and clean so the pictures would be the focus. I used cardstock only in red, black and yellow, an embossing folder to add texture and a variety of Disney chipboard embellishments. I repeated some of the design throughout, rotating the border color to give the entire album cohesiveness. My next album will be more varied but this was our first trip to Disney as a family and I really wanted the pictures to shine. Sometimes it's okay to be simple.

The album is organized by topic.

(I have this posted in a link at the top of this blog so if you've already seen it, feel free to scroll to the bottom of the page.) :) 
























This texture is on every border but the pics don't really show it, except the one above. 




































Supplies used:
Album - Winnie the Pooh Chipboard Pack - Princess Chipboard Pack - Toy Story Chipboard Pack - Disney Washi Tape - Disney Stickers - Mickey Mouse Embroidered Sticker  - Elmer's CraftBond Permanent Tape Runner - Martha Stewart 1-Inch Circle Punch - 2-Inch Circle Punch - Cuttlebug - Polka Dots Embossing Folder - American Crafts 12x12 Cardstock Pack, White - Bazzill Cardstock, 12x12 Classic Red - Bazzill Basics 12x12 Cardstock, Classic Yellow - American Crafts 12x12 Cardstock Black - Silhouette Cameo Cutting Machine - Decorative Brads, Reds

To find out more about me, visit My Happy Life and be sure to check out my other podcast, The Scrap Gals Podcast with Tiffany and Tracie. I'd love to have you join our Facebook community where we chat about scrappy things all day!

Thanks for listening - have a magical day!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing your album. I love how the photos are not overwhelmed with heavy embellishment. Seeing your album is reminding me to not just take pictures of my granddaughter when we are at WDW, but also signs and other surroundings.

    Thanks also for starting this podcast. It has been really fun to hear how different people approach memory keeping about the same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were able to include so many photos! I documented a trip a from a few years back in a 6x8 album divided by park. We only went to each park for one day so it was divided chronologically as well. This episode has given me a lot of ideas on scrapbooking the trip we took in November...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this episode and has made me want to start my 2010 Disney trip right now !! Ha Ha. I got some great tips on how to go about it as well. I am going to pick out an album and pocket pages and get scrapping ASAP !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out Traci. All I have done on my album is the cover page. LOL So we will see how it turns out. I do love the Say Cheese. But not sure about the pockets I have not used those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this podcast gave me lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration!
    I'm still working on my first trip, 6 days in 2011. I'm doing it chronologically. Initially I planned one album for each park but, as I'm dong it "the old style" (fewer pics and more embellies per page) it's taking me more than one album per park, and much more time. I don't feel like changing that style in the middle of this project but I will surely scrapbook the other trips we made in the "Project Life" style. I'm 63 and I'll finish all of them in my 90's if I don't do this, lol!
    BTW: It saddens me that the H.S. hat is no longer there, I had the chance to take a last pic of it in November, last year.
    Also all the parades have disappeared in the other parks, only M.K. has some now. I miss the "Celebrate" parade at M.K., I loved it!!! I don't really like the new one that much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was an interesting episode... it's fun to hear the different approaches to scrapping Disney.

    ReplyDelete