Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Episode 5: Mindi Niebuhr

It's time for Episode 5 of Magic Memory Keepers! This week, I interviewed one of my favorite scrappers, Mindi Niebuhr. Mindi is on the Simple Stories design team, the Becky Higgins Project Life Creative Team and she also designs for the Noel Mignon kit club! When you see her pages, you'll understand why she's so in demand!

In this show, we discuss being a season pass holder, scrapping Disney pocket page style, printing photos exclusively at home, keeping up with journaling while at Disney, carrying a DSLR through the parks and much more!


To listen to this week's show click this link or subscribe and listen in iTunes!

You can find Mindi online at Niebuhrchicks and you can see more of her work on the Simple Stories, Project Life and Noel Mignon blogs.

Here are a few of my favorite pocket page spreads by Mindi:


We discuss this spread in the show. The 6x12 insert shows Mickey on one side and Minnie on the other side. I love how using the Say Cheese 2 Snap cardsgive a Disney theme without it being overly busy.


This is a perfect example of Mindi's attention to detail that I love...


The yellow card on the left was plain with an arrow and "sign here." She added a black dot sticker strip, the red sticker with "me & the mouse" perfectly printed on it, the awesome gold letter stickers with "Minnie" and two enamel dots. Perfect! She added a red sticker bow to the Mickey head on the right to make it Minnie! I am amazed at her mad skillz for printing on journaling cards. I do this often myself and know how difficult it is to position your text this well.

Here's another great spread about Cars Land, using Project Life Design Awhich is both our faves:



I love how she cut this card on the diagonal!


I love the layering Mindi does. These little details make her pages so interesting! She layered the word "Neon" in sticker letters over a polka dot heart and I love the little wooden arrow over the arrow sticker.


I love how Mindi layered the word "Disneyland" and an Ali Edwards brush that says "memories" over that Mickey silhouette.


Love this side too...


Unrelated to Disney but awesome in it's execution, here's the card Mindi tilted the text on...


Awesome-sauce, right????!

I hope you loved hearing about Mindi's pocket page style of scrapping Disney as much as I did! I love to hear feedback from you guys, so if there's anything you want to hear me ask my guests, be sure to comment below and tell me! Thanks so much for listening!!

To find out more about me, visit My Happy Life and be sure to check out my other podcast, The Scrap Gals Podcast with Tiffany and Tracie! I'd love to have you in our Facebook community. We love to talk about all things scrappy! 

See you real soon! Have a magical day!

4 comments:

  1. Even though I've never been to Disney (someday, I hope!!), I absolutely loved the style of these pages!!! They could be used for any type of scrapbooking. I am amazed and a little in awe of how you both print your journaling on your cards and pages. I want to learn that!! Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried PL and found it difficult. Seems like I spent too much time trying to figure out photo size and orientation. After listening to this podcast and checking out Mindi's blog, I have a strong desire to give it another shot. I don't have any Disney pics to scrap but these great pages could be used for any travel photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tracie! I am currently in Anaheim, and this morning I was relaxing, not really motivated to get up and get to the parks. I read this posted, and that got my excited to get my butt out the door. I had a fabulous day! And it all started with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great episode but I just can't wrap my mind around going to Disneyland for a week and only taking 400 photos. I'd have at least 4000 lol
    Tracie, you asked "How long would you go to Disneyland and feel like you've done it all?" my personal answer to that would be 3-4 days, I took my daughter for the first time, she was 6 years old and we went for 3 days and we didn't do it all, mostly because at that age there were some rides she wanted to ride 3-4 times in a row. Your daughter is older, so there would likely be less of that but 3-4 days would still be perfect.

    ReplyDelete